Sunday, May 5, 2013

Tumwater Falls- Tacoma Portrait and Landscape Photographer

The weather in Washington has been GORGEOUS!  Today it was around 80 degrees, sunny, with a nice breeze blowing.  After two weeks of the ick (seriously, we had the horrible plague), we needed to get out.  Justin got back from Hebrew class early, so we decided to go on a hike somewhere.

We considered Point Defiance park, but we go there all the time.  It's only 20 min from us, so it's kind of a fall back when Jack falls asleep in the car.  A couple ladies in a photographer's group I'm part of go to Tumwater Falls all the time, so I figured why not?  It's new to us, pretty and not too far away.  Let's go!

When we got there, I decided I didn't want to go for the usual portraits.  I just walked down the trail and saw what there was to see.  Eventually the camera came out and I ended up shooting a whole lot of images of the flowers along the trail.  It felt good.  When I first started mumbletymumble years ago, I started with flowers.  As a matter of fact, two of my first images placed in the Vanderbilt Mansion annual photography contest.

So, without further adieu, here's what I shot today.











(Jack decided he wanted to try to bring ALLLLLL the rocks home!)


No comments:

Post a Comment